Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
This Policy does not cover information that you may provide to Postie, Inc. as part of an agreement for services that you may enter into with Postie, Inc. For example, if you provide the addresses of your customers as part of an agreement with Postie, Inc. to provide direct mailing services, those addresses are not covered by this policy. That information is governed by the terms of your agreement with Postie, Inc. including the Postie, Inc. Terms of Service”).
Throughout this policy we will refer to the websites as the “Site.” Throughout this policy we will refer to Postie, Inc. and its affiliates as “Postie,” “we,” “our,” or “us.”
By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, do not use the Site.
This Policy covers only Postie, Inc.’s Sites and does not apply to third party websites and services.
We may update this Policy over time, so please check this page for updates. When we update the Policy, we will post the new Policy on this page and change the effective date at the top of the Policy.
What Information Does Postie Collect?
Postie collects three types of information: Personal Information, Collected Data, and Anonymous Data. This section of the Policy describes those types of information and how Postie gathers them.
Depending on how you use our Site, Postie or our third party service providers may collect the following types of personal information when you interact with our Site:
· If you choose to register an account with us, we may collect:
o Your first name,
o Your last name,
o Your postal address and/or zip code,
o Your business address and/or zip code
o Your email address,
o Your business email address, and
o Your phone number or business phone number.
o You billing information
· If you choose to access our social network pages or otherwise link to our Site with your own social network page, we may collect social network profile information that you have made publically available.
· We may also receive information from third parties that identifies you. We may add this information to the information we have already collected.
Postie may also collect personal identifying information about you from third parties that is unrelated to your use of our website or your interactions with Postie.
We refer to these types of information as “Personal Information”.
When you visit or interact with our Site, we collect several types of information related to you and your use of our Site. We call these types of information “Collected Data.”
Collected Data includes:
· Your domain name,
· Your Internet protocol (IP) address,
· Your mobile device model,
· Your internet service provider,
· Site access times,
· Websites that referred you to us,
· Web pages within our Site that you visit, and
· General location information (e.g., city, state) based on your IP address.
Postie recognizes that under some laws, certain types of Collected Data listed above are considered personal information.
“Anonymous Data” is data that doesn’t identify a particular user. Anonymous Data includes information like the number of unique visitors to our Site or how many users are located within Texas. We collect anonymous data in many ways including through automated logging of activity on our Site. We sometimes create Anonymous Data by removing identifying information from Personal Information or Collected Data.
Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a third party partner for the purpose of recognizing users and delivering to them interest-based content and advertisements. We may share information about you with our partners such as your name, postal address, email, or other identifier and may do so in non-human readable form to ensure the security of your information. Our partners also may collect information directly from your device, such as your IP address, device ID, and information about your browser or operating system; may combine our personal and non-personal information about you with information from other; and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. To opt-out of third party cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices. To opt-out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers and devices allow you to broadcast a preference that your activities online not be “tracked”. At this time, the Site does not take action in response to “do not track” signals.
How Does Postie Use the Information It Collects?
Postie may use Personal Information, Collected Data, and Anonymous Data to:
· Operate, maintain and improve the Site and our business.
· Process purchases of Postie products and services made on the Site.
· Respond to your inquiries, post your comments on our social network pages, and take other actions in response to your questions, comments or Site activity.
· Communicate directly with you about special offers, services, and promotions for our brand, affiliates or third party partners that may be of interest to you.
· Communicate with you about your orders, purchases, and program participation.
How Does Postie Share Information?
Postie may share your Personal Information in the following ways:
· We may share your Personal Information with companies that provide services to us. This means companies like credit card processors, website hosts, email vendors, and other companies that help us provide services or market our brand. These companies may only use that information to provide services on our behalf.
· We may share your Personal Information in response to legal process like a subpoena or court order.
· We may share your Personal Information if a law or government regulation requires us to do so.
· We may share your Personal Information to combat fraudulent or criminal activity, to enforce our agreements, corporate policies, and/or the Postie, Inc. Terms of Service of the Site,
· We may also share your Personal Information to protect the rights, property, and safety of Postie, our employees, agents, customers, or others.
· We may share your Personal Information with Postie business customers who wish to provide you with their products or services.
· We may share your Personal Information in the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, sale of assets, liquidation or other similar transaction.
Postie may share Collected Data in the following ways:
· We may share Collected Data in the same ways we share Personal Information (listed above).
· We also share Collected Data with Google and our Behavioral Advertising partners.
Postie may share Anonymous Data in the following ways:
· We may share Anonymous Data in any manner that we choose.
Google AdWords Remarketing
Any images (or any other parts of a web page) served by third parties in association with third party cookies may serve as web beacons which enable third parties to carry out the previously described activities.
How Does Postie Secure Personal Information?
Postie takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of information in its control including Personal Information, Collected Data, and Anonymous Data. Although no transmission of data over the Internet or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, Postie makes reasonable efforts to protect any information you share with us. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
We do not provide products and services to children through the Site. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 13. By using the Site, you are representing that you are not under the age of 13.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at email@example.com.
How Can I Review and Edit My Personal Information?
You may modify or delete some of the Personal Information that we have collected about you by visiting the Site and editing your account information.
You may also contact us at the email address or phone number below if you wish to view, edit or delete your Personal Information from our database, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from us, you may opt-out from receiving future emails from Postie by following the instructions for unsubscribing in the promotional emails we send you or by contacting us at the email address or phone number below.
Please note that any information you choose to provide in a public setting, such as on Postie’s social network pages, is not only provided to Postie but may also be shared publicly. Use caution when posting or sharing information on social networking sites. You may also be able to manage the sharing of certain personal information when you connect with us through social networks by adjusting the privacy or security settings of your social network accounts.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Sections 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicate that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of information are collected, “sold” or transferred for an organization’s “business purpose” (as those terms are defined under California law). You can find a list of the categories of information that we collect, share, and sell here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing please submit a written request to us using the information in the "Contact Information" section below. We do not discriminate against California residents who exercise any of their rights described in this Policy.
You can find additional information about our privacy practices specific to California residents here.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Policy. You can reach us via postal mail at the following address:
Attention: Legal Department
371 Rose Avenue
Venice, CA 90291
You may also contact us at the following: